Early and Personal Life
Lennon and Maisy were cast on “Nashville” even before they catapulted to fame with their YouTube cover version of Robyn / Erato’s “Call Your Girlfriend.” They posted the video on May 30, 2012. Their transcendent harmonies immediately went viral, and today the video has over 20 million views. They have appeared numerous times on “Good Morning America,” performed on “The View,” and have successful singles on the two “Nashville” soundtracks which together have sold 2 million tracks to date. In December 2012, their Christmas song, “Christmas Coming Home,” debuted.
Lennon’s favorite subject at school is math, and she loves being outside and having adventures, recording songs, making fun home movies with friends and anything creative and musical. She’s not only an accomplished singer, but also plays the ukulele, guitar and piano. Her favorite song to perform is “Hard Times Come Again No More.” Her musical influences are The Swell Season, John Mayer and Civil Wars, and her favorite performers are John Mayer and Brandi Carlile.
Some of the most exciting moments in Lennon and Maisy’s burgeoning careers have been performing at the Grand Ole Opry, as well as playing LP Field in Nashville before nearly 70,000 fans at CMA Music Fest. They've also gotten to meet many artists they admire, including Harry Styles, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Zac Brown, and have realized that some of the biggest stars in the world are the sweetest people they ever met. They are most grateful that their first acting job has enabled them to learn from their amazing co-stars, whom they count as friends.
Lennon lives in Nashville and has a bird name Ricky and a one-eyed cat named Cindy.
- Nashville (2012-2018)
- She's the daughter of Brad Stella and Marylynne Stella, who are known as folk act The Stellas
- Her favorite food is her aunt's Shepherd's Pie
- Her favorite music is old country and Huey Lewis and the News
- She was named after John Lennon
- She can play the guitar, the ukulele and the piano
- Started singing at age 5
- She got her role as Maddie Conrad in through Maisy (who had auditioned) because the producers wanted her to cast her, so they asked her to give it a try
- Some of her favorite TV shows are "Switched at Birth" and "Pretty Little Liars"
- Her favorite song from the show is "Undermine" by Juliette and Deacon
- Most of the time Lennon is the one replying to people on Twitter, although their mum is the one who takes care of it
- She grew up without television and internet
- Her favorite scene to film on the show was an intense scene where both she and Maisy had to cry.
- She loves photography.